The Temasys Plugins bring support for webRTC to Desktop versions of Safari and IE. There is no solution to provide support for iOS versions of browsers at this stage. We are separately working on bringing webRTC support to iOS, with no timeline right now. Interested parties can contact us separately for details.
The Temasys WebRTC plugin implements the WebRTC spec as closely as possible. It implements the latest published draft, not working draft, and in case of ambiguity, will always align its behavior with the latest stable version of chrome and firefox.
It should work with existing code with only minor changes to the site. However for a site to take advantage installing the plugin on the target computer is not enough. We provide a modified version of adapter.js, an helper file originally provided by google and mozilla to help interaction between browsers, to illustrate what needs to be done.
We also provide a set of tests and demos, modified version of those provided by webrtc.org to support our plugin, as a way for you to test if the plugin installation was successful. Error should due reported against those tests whenever possible to provide us with a way to reproduce the problems.
Do you have a technical issue with the plugin? Do you have a feature request?
Let us know in our plugin discussion group. https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/temasys-discuss-webrtcplugin
Do you have a commercial request? Do you want more support, to rebrand, redistribute, or embed the plugin? Do you have a feature request beyond the webRTC existing webRTC specs?
Commercial request should be sent instead to sales (a) temasys.com.sg
|Win7 IE9||Win7 IE10||Win 7 IE 11||Win 8.1 IE 11||Win7 Safari||Win8.1 Safari||OSX 10.9 |
|OSX 10.10 |
|Stream Rendering||OK||OK||OK||OK||Size issues||Size issues||OK||OK|
|DataChannel||Strings, Int8Array, Uint8Array, Int16Array, Uint16Array, Int32Array, Uint32Array|
|Temasys Backend||OK||OK||OK||OK||Size issues||Size issues||OK||OK|
Features introduced by the version 0.8.780
12 Aug, 2014
- Correction of important stability issues on IE when closing tabs
- PeerConnection::addStream now takes a optional second argument that is always ignored. This is to ensure compatibility with websites using previous version of WebRTC
The latest spec takes only one argument (the stream itself).
1 Aug, 2014
17 July, 2014
18 June, 2014
06 June, 2014
23 May, 2014
12 May, 2014
- w3c webRTC specs
- IETF RTCWEB specs
- Overview: Real Time Protocols for Browser-based Applications (draft-ietf-rtcweb-overview-11)
- Application Layer Protocol Negotiation for Web Real-Time Communications (WebRTC) (draft-ietf-rtcweb-alpn-00)
- IANA Registry for RTCWeb Constrainable Properties (draft-ietf-rtcweb-constraints-registry-00)
- WebRTC Data Channels (draft-ietf-rtcweb-data-channel-11)
- WebRTC Data Channel Establishment Protocol (draft-ietf-rtcweb-data-protocol-07)
- Web Real-Time Communication (WebRTC): Media Transport and Use of RTP (draft-ietf-rtcweb-rtp-usage-17)
- Security Considerations for WebRTC (draft-ietf-rtcweb-security-07)
- WebRTC Security Architecture (draft-ietf-rtcweb-security-arch-10)
- STUN Usage for Consent Freshness (draft-ietf-rtcweb-stun-consent-freshness-06)
- Transports for WebRTC (draft-ietf-rtcweb-transports-06)
- WebRTC Video Processing and Codec Requirements (draft-ietf-rtcweb-video-00)
- IETF other specs
- Plugin Specifics
- Replaces an <audio>/<video> element and "renders" a stream.
- Re-attaching a stream
- Enabling/Disabling the capture from your camera
- Enabling/Disabling the capture from your microphone
- Click on a plugin instance (triggers element.onclick with the plugin element as arg.srcElement)
- Verbose/debug mode
- DataChannel for float arrayBuffers
- DataChannel for BLOBs
- Persistent permissions over HTTPS for GUM
- Drag and Drop of plugin elements
- Context Menu (Right Click)
- More <audio> and <video> support
- Displaying at size larger than stream resolution
Not ready or not planned for implementation yet, but of interest
- Media Recording - (here) (working draft only, no editor draft available yet, i.e. not stable enough yet)
- Image Capture - (here) (working draft only, no editor draft available yet, i.e. not stable enough yet)
- Screen Sharing - (here) (unofficial draft, should have content by Nov 2014).
- A rendering will sometimes go empty (white screen); Removing the element and injecting it again will solve the problem
- If you microphone was disabled and you enable/disable the video camera, then your mic will be turned back on